Discerning a call to the priesthood, Fr. Gorman attended Los Angeles Junior Seminary, 1945 to 1950, California Holy Redeemer College, 1950 to 1952, New York Christ the King Seminary, 1952-1954 and Immaculate Heart Seminary, El Cajon, 1954-1958.
He was ordained on March 19, 1958 fro the Diocese of San Diego by Most Rev. Charles F. Buddy in St. Joseph Cathedral, San Diego.
His first parish assignment was as Associate Pastor at Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Riverside from 1958-1961 and he returned there from 1979-1980 for his last parish assignment as Associate Pastor in the newly established Diocese of San Bernardino.
He has served at St. George, Ontario; St. Edward, Corona; St. Anne in the Mountains, Running Springs; St. Bernardine, San Bernardino; St. John Bosco, Highland; St. John the Evangelist, Riverside; Our Lady of Lourdes, Montclair; and the former San Gorgonio Parish in Beaumont.
Funeral Mass was held on June 4 in Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcalá with burial at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery, San Diego.