The annual Combined Vicariate meetings will mark the first in-person introduction of Coadjutor Bishop Alberto Rojas to parish personnel. He will be at the meeting to greet parish representatives and will offer a few words of introduction during the formal program.
Bishop Gerald Barnes will give remarks, focusing on the State of the Diocese and areas of focus for 2020. For the second year in a row, breakout sessions will be offered on three different topics:
• “Journey into an Election Year with Civility in Faithful Citizenship,” presented by Diocesan Communications Director John Andrews.
• “Dynamics of Working Together as the Body of Christ,” presented by David Acosta, Employee Relations Ministry.
• “Journey Beyond Waiting: Transitioning in life,” presented by Rev. Erik Esparza and Marco Elias - Office of Priest Personnel Transitions Ministry.
In addition, a breakout session will be offered to provide updates on the four topics covered at last year’s Combined Vicariate meetings:
• “A journey towards a new awakening,” presented by the Office of Catechetical Ministry
• “The Path to “Lay Ecclesial Ministry” (LEM), presented by the Ministry Formation Institute.
• “Engaging Young People: Fostering a Culture of Missionary Discipleship,” presented by the Ministry with Young Catholics.
• “How to Build a Joyful and Thriving Pastoral Team,” presented by Pastoral Planning.
The all-day Feb. 13 meeting will be for the Riverside Pastoral Region of the Diocese while the Feb. 18 gathering will be for the San Bernardino Pastoral Region. For the first time, an abbreviated evening session of the Combined Vicarate meeting will be offered for members of parish pastoral councils from throughout the Diocese. It will take place on Feb. 18. From 6-8:30 pm.
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode