All of us are affected by violence in some way or another. Some of us are impacted as we hear tragic news on television, in our neighborhood, around the state, in our country or around the world. Others are directly impacted because of the violent death of a family member or friend. Still others are impacted because they witness violence or a call from someone at the time of a violent death.
This Lent there will be Masses and prayer services in different parts of Diocese to remember in a very special way those who have died from violence and for all those who are impacted by violence in any way. We will also ask God to help us put an end to violence and become people of peace.
Please come and pray with us at one of the following services:
• San Salvador Church in Colton, Thursday, March 20th, 7 pm Mass, (Celebrant: Bishop Rutilio del Riego)
• Holy Family Church in Hesperia, Friday, April 4th at 7 pm Prayer Service
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Indio, Monday, March 17th, 7 pm Mass
• St. Catherine of Alexandria in Riverside, Monday, March 31st, 7:00pm Prayer Service
• St. Christopher in Moreno Valley, March 26, Wednesday, 6:30pm Mass