This year, over 15 different K of C Councils and two Assemblies participated in the statewide Jacket Drive (from San Diego to Chico). Here is a summary of some of the jacket distribution areas, which was made possible through the overwhelming support provided by our Knights:
• The Del Rosa Council provided jackets to 13 Catholic churches in the San Bernardino area, along with Mary’s Mercy Center.
• K of C State officers also gave out over 225 Jackets to those in need at the Salvation Army.
• Approximately 350 Jackets were distributed to people in Paradise, California, following the devastating fire that engulfed the city, and left many people without homes or possessions.
• The Diocese of San Bernardino provided assistance in helping identify places of need.
• Jackets were provided to Catholic Charities San Bernardino and Riverside.
• In conjunction with the American Red Cross, 250 homeless Veterans received new jackets in Orange County.
• We worked with Caterina’s Club, a non-profit organization in Anaheim, and were able to distribute over 400 jackets to underprivileged children.
• All of the Seminarians from Saint Junipero Serra House of Formation in Grand Terrace provided assistance by distributing jackets to the homeless in the Riverside/San Bernardino area (over 250 Jackets were distributed). The Seminarians also participated with our Chapter officers at Mercy House in Ontario.
Overall, we were able to give out over 8,650 Jackets to our friends in need this last year, encompassing approximately 30 different Catholic churches, 10 churches/temples of the Christian and Jewish faith, and 35 homeless shelters.
The 2019 campaign started in June, and we will start delivering the jackets in October. If you (or your Council) are interested in participating, please contact us.
Many thanks to all for your ongoing support, your outreach to those in need, and your servant’s heart!